Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time To Get Dangerous

I have been feeling a bit suffocated by my own hypocrisy lately. I tend to be very supportive of my Pro-Ana sisters, but usually will point out some way to make improvements. With regards to myself, I've been working hard too. But...

There is a big BUT here ...

I know better. And I am not doing the best I know right now. It's time to put up or shut up. I fucking know what to do, how to do it, and even more importantly, I've done it before successfully!

I need to go RAW. It's all over Pro-Ana Optimal. It's all over all my comments here there and everywhere. The ONLY way to get your body to NEVER CARE ABOUT BINGING AGAIN is to eat RAW. So that's it. Its time for me to follow my own fucking advice and do it.

So I think I'll be doing a water fast tomorrow.

Yesterday was a mainly raw day and so was sunday. I'm well on my way. I just need to continue cutting out any cooked foods of any kind and I'll be all set. Considering how much weight I want to lose, I think I should be 80% raw every single day. Unless you sit around eating avocados and bananas all day, raw days are incredibly low cal and mostly negative calorie foods.

Ok? There it is. I'm owning up. Sometimes it's hard to take one's own advice, but fuck. There is no better time than the present... Now bring me that horizon.

2 comments:

  1. Raw is an interesting concept...nothing over 115 degrees right? It's good though because it keeps all the enzymes. Sorry, musing while commenting, it's a bad habit of mine! Anyway, you're not a hypocrite. It's just hard to do it! You tell the rest of us because you care and want to see us succeed and the best you can do is work your best to do the same. Yesterday my dad was talking about going to get a grilled cheese sandwhich today and my mom flat out told him no because it's animal fats and bad for him (we're all trying to be vegan). Seriously? She just ate jalapeno cheddar cheetos the other day. But she's not a hypocrite, she just wants the best for my dad and had a slip on her end. It's not like she's doing it everyday. It's not like you're microwaving everything while you tell us to be good!
    You can do this though!
    Good luck with the fast today!
    XOXO,
    Scarlet<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe That's true. I'm not microwaving anything. :) Thanks Scarlet! I'm glad we can help each other do better. Vegan is pretty cool too. I used to be a vegetarian when I was a kid. I liked it. Never was vegan though. These days I am pretty good at avoiding dairy completely, and only have eggs once in a while.

    I wonder if it is the enzymes in the raw diet that prevents the cravings and binging. I really am not sure why it works so well. I know the vitamins have something to do with it. Maybe it's just the whole package.

    ReplyDelete