Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Feeling Patriotic in the Pro-Ana Nation

I would like to share what I have quickly come to love about this community in the short time I've been here.

The community is so wonderful because of the clear ringing bells of the voices that belong to it. You are all wonderful. And thanks to you, this is such a good place to be. It is relatively non-judging. We are all here due to a lack of acceptance in our lives somehow. We are here looking for improvement somehow and are looking for our self respect. These qualities shine through a vast expanse of personality, situations, and dysfunction. Yes, we are VERY dysfunctional, each of us in our own special way. We are all scarred and battle worn some way or another. These ways differ so much, but the basics are so similar. And of course the obvious uniting force... we need to starve. For one reason or ED or another, we need to starve, we need to lose weight.

I appreciate and adore that we have found a place where we can be this, and be unapologetic about it. That we can care and worry and even help one another without judging or trying to force anything unwanted on anyone. No one is selling anything here. You won't see this in an infomercial. "But it really does work." Yes, it does, but it isn't something anyone outside of it wants to hear.

Life is a beautiful, imperfect thing. It is brutal and unfair. Sometimes we are on the benefiting end of that, and other times we are crushed by it. It is a surge like the tides. I find a poetry here in pro-ana where life can be what it is. And we can be what we are. We can find a way to float, or we can sink here forever, and no matter which happens we can do it honestly.

I know there is some drama, and there will always be some wannabe's, but for the most part I find honesty here. The sincerity makes me swoon. I'm so grateful that such a place exists. Where right and wrong are suspended for what is simply true. <3

So thank you, so much everyone. I'm sure you'll find in my comments on the blogs I read, there are often thank-you's. :) Expect it to continue. I treasure this experience with all of you. And if I never meet any of you... no matter if you succeed and thrive, or seek help and leave this place, or end up literally destroying yourself... just know I loved you. From somewhere in this world, you meant a lot to me. Even if in person we'd hate each other, I care about you, and will always appreciate the role your words played in my life. Not much could mean more to me right now. In fact, really, not much does.

My undying love and appreciation to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment