Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ChaLEAN Extreme Diet Plan

So I'm sure you can guess they want me to eat a LOT more calories than I want to. For my size they suggest about 1700 calories, or a minimum of 1200. :P AND they want you to eat 5 times a day. eek.

I'm not sure I can do that. Not now. I hope this doesn't mess with my results, but I plan on doing it my own way.

The closest I think I could stand is 1000 calories of my own food choices.

"Burn Phase" can be:
3 meals of about 300 calories, and two snacks at around 50 cal each. Their recipes break down to be mostly protein (nearly 50%), then fat (almost 40%), and then carbs (just over 10%).
So, I'll be setting my daily limits for 50 grams of carbs, 125 grams of protein, and 45 grams of healthy fats. Snacks will try for raw veggies.

"Push" or "Lean" phase days seem to require an additional ounce or two of carb and protein/fat in the morning (about 100 cal worth), and for lunch and dinner it is another ounce or two of protein/fat meat (for a 100 - 200 calorie bump). These higher cal days come during months 2 and 3 of the program. If I'm losing weight and inches after the first 30 days, I may try to take their advice and bump up the calories. I'm not sold yet though, so we'll play that part by ear.

Oh man... here we go. I start tomorrow!

P.S. Today's calories are fuCked with a capital 'C'. I was out with other families and kids... they had chocolate, and pizza, and some kind of cinnamon cake, and other things. I didn't eat much, but did have some of each to be polite. /shudders I'm glad that's over... though other than the food I had a really great time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment