Wednesday, May 19, 2010

ChaLEAN Week 1, Burn Circuit 1 & 2

I started over, so this is my official first week.

Monday, May 17 was Burn Circuit 1
I wasn't sure about what weights to start at. I found I'm much stronger than I thought. Comes from lifting all those kids the last 8 years.

Sumo Squat w/ Hip Lift
20 lbs, 12 reps

Lunge w/ Posterior Fly
10 lbs, 12 reps

Push Up w/ Leg Lift
Girly push up :P, 12 reps

Dead Lift w/ Posterior Fly
5 lbs, 12 reps (started with 10 and was too worn out from other flys)

Lunge w/ Core Rotation
25 lbs, 12 reps

Bench Press and Leg Lower
15 lbs, 12 reps

Sumo Squat w/ Side Bend
15 lbs, 12 reps, but was WAY too easy. Trying 20 lbs next time.

Forward-Lean Lunge w/ DBL Arm Posterior Fly
omg no more flies!
5 lbs, 12 reps ... my shoulders are soooo weak.

Chest Fly w/ Hip Lift
15 lbs, 12 reps


Tuesday was a day off.



Wednesday, May 19 is Burn Circuit 2

Sumo Squat w/ Bicep Curl
15 lbs., 12 reps

Lunge w/ One-Arm Tricep Extension
10 lbs, and like 5 reps and then I cramped in my right arm...

The pain was amazing and didn't stop for the longest time. My energy drink, the pain, and not having eaten was almost too much for my body to handle and I nearly blacked out. Then I flipped out emotionally and almost cried. I was completely shaking. Wow... I'm not an unstable person, but I was for a little while right about then. Totally fucked up and shaking. I almost called my husband in a panic. My oldest kid calmed me down... hehehe Kids are so sweet. I used it as an opportunity to point out that I am a living example of what not to do. Don't get fat. Eat healthy, stay physically fit, don't worry about being skinny, just be healthy. Getting fat is unhealthy, losing weight too fast is unhealthy... don't be like Mommy. /sigh I hope I'm not giving my kids a complex.

Eventually, my cramp let up, I got a grip, and pointed out that this workout is the healthiest thing I'm doing.

Dead Lift Row
15 lbs., 12 reps

Sumo Squat w/ Overhead Tricep Extension
10 lbs, 12 reps (less weight because my right arm was still sore)

Dead Lift w/ Double Row
15 lbs., 12 reps

Bowler's Lunge w/ Single-Arm Row
20 lbs., 12 reps

Bicep curls w/ Abductor Balance
15 lbs., 11 reps... muscle failure. That is a very good thing. Perfect weight.

Forward-Lean Lunge w/ Double Row
15 lbs., 12 reps but very tired

Triple-Thread Pushups
I think I did 4 before I crashed, then did about 4 more and was hosed.

That's the end of that workout.

I haven't been doing the two workouts a day. No Brazil Butt Lift. It's been tough enough to work around the kids for the last week on ChaLEAN. I will still keep it on my calendar though in case the opportunity arises. It can't hurt.

Calorie Note: Today I've had my protein shake spiked with carnitine (210) for breakfast along with an energy shot (4 cal). 214 total breakfast. Lunch was baby carrots, a few cherry tomatoes, and two fresh dates. 87 cal total for lunch.

My kitchen food scale arrived, no sign of my new bathroom scale though. It better get here today. /snarlies in as menacing a manner as I have energy for... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment