Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Little Ditty 'Bout Ana and Ed

I see so many blog posts talking about Ana and Ed. A mistress and a master from the sound of things. After having met them both, I have to say, I don't know why people say such terrible things about Miss Ana. I know she can be a bit of a moody bitch, but can't we all? At least she's trying to help. Ed on the other hand is an asshole, plain and simple. What good does he do? I know he treats everyone a bit differently.

I know Ed very well, but he's no friend of mine. He tries time and time again to ruin my life. He knows I hate him. Maybe he thinks that if he can't have me no one will... but he's wrong. I'm leaving him. I don't think he's aware of it yet. He's mockingly accepting of my new friendship with Ana because he doesn't think she's a threat. He dismisses her as just a phase, so he's not worried. He's known me my whole life. There with me for as long as I can remember. He credits himself with my tall stature. Says that he can't be so bad since it was him who got me here. Did he? Did he really?

I don't like people who try to give themselves credit for your success. "Well if I hadn't given you such a great recommendation, they would never have hired you." Really? Are you sure? Or are you just trying to give yourself value through my success? I think Ed might be one of those people. "I'm just your good survival instinct, baby. You want to be a survivor don't you? And if you're not feeling good about yourself its your own damn fault not mine. Why don't you get up and run your ass more often."

He can try to lay it all on me, but he is getting complacent from his cushy perch in my life. Fine. What he doesn't know is that I'm burying him. Very slowly he's becoming smaller and smaller. Ana is helping me. She roots him out, reveals him for who he truly is... poison and premature death. Ana is my friend now and you know what? I trust her. Right now she's the angel on my shoulder while Ed is the devil. She will lead me to a happier and stronger place that Ed would only take me away from.

Change hurts, but I find that I don't miss Ed playing a big part in my days. I think I'm a little happier already.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post, very interesting take on it. :)

    ReplyDelete