Friday, June 11, 2010

Once Upon A Family... Mei edition

(Once Upon A Family... Part 1 if you want to start at the beginning.)

Mei was 13 when our mom died.

Mei was practically a child. She idolized my dad until he abandoned her. Then I left and she was alone with our dreamy, delusional sister... drowning. Her wisdom and maturity never prepared her for this. She lost half year of high school because my dad was too sad/damaged/busy to enroll her. She was a self-motivated "A" student too... (Unlike Kit and I who'd take any short cut, and lie or cheat to get out of extra work... or any work.) So she dug in, huddled up and survived. It took a family effort to threaten my dad into getting her into school again. Eventually she did, went to college, got her drivers license, and graduated with a bachelor's degree. She is multi-talented and recovering from her disappointments and wounds. It seems as I fall apart she is getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment