Friday, June 11, 2010

Once Upon A Family... Kit edition

(Once Upon A Family... Part 1 if you want to start at the beginning.)

When our mom died, Kit was 15.

Kit kept in the theme of her survival skills. She dealt with my mom's death through deep denial. She even fainted during one of my mom's services. She just couldn't cope. Remember, with her strengths neglected and weaknesses magnified, all she could really use was her front of extreme optimism to keep her afloat. Kit dropped out of high school soon after my mom died. I tried to stop it but my dad blocked me at every turn, afraid I'd displace him or his authority from the family. Crazy. She also never got her driver's license. After I moved out, no one cared enough to help her with it. My dad traveled and left my sisters with loser housesitters who misused the money he sent back. Kit still deals with life the same way... smiling until she can't anymore. A surface optimist and closet pessimist. When things get bad enough she can't keep food down. Once when she had trouble with her boyfriend, she couldn't keep anything down for a week and we almost had to check her into a hospital. She's very opposed to pro-ana and in part it may be because it scares her. She is 29 now... an unpublished writer who works at a small coffee shop. Part of her threatens to stay 15 forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment