Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Liquid Fasting with OhMyGosh

"Mommy, make me food!"

"Mom, I'm hungry!"

"Mom, do you want me to starve or something?!"

No, but I want to starve or something and it's very hard to do when I'm cooking all the time! My oldest made their own breakfast. I had a shot of liquid carnitine and a glass of water. Made my younger kids sandwiches.

Then I had a bite of sunflower sprouts, took my System Six (weight loss supplement) and got started baking some bread for the kids for later today.

Ok, so it's not a perfect liquid fast, but I have to use about 4 cups of sprouts before they go bad. I'm not throwing my money away. So other than those sprouts, I'm on the OhMyGosh-End-Of-June-Fastravaganza!

From OhMyGosh:
Liquid fast is approaching for the end of June. Starting after your Father's Day cookout, here are the things you can consume:

Allowed
Juice
popcycles
jello
water
diet soda
gum
black coffee

Not Allowed
milkshakes
smoothies
fancy coffees

Sunday night through Thursday night - got any questions?

Well, I don't drink juice... frankly my 4 cups of sprouts have less cals than 1 cup of juice... unless it's carrot or v8. And I don't drink soda... not even diet. Hmm... and no coffee. So my Allowed List looks more like:

Allowed
Juice miso soup
popcycles chicken bullion broth
jello
water
diet soda tea
gum
black coffee liquid carnitine ;) ... hey it's a liquid. lol
and sprouts with lemon juice (131 cal total over the next day or two)

Sounds like a plan. The fast is until thursday, but I think I may just round off the week and go until friday.

And on that note... I smell shit. Time to go change a diaper.

3 comments:

  1. I loooooove miso! but watch out for sodium...miso is chock full of it. Also, HI! and Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really understand how to make miso soup. I tried once a few years back, but it was all goopy. Not like a broth at all.

    ReplyDelete