Friday, June 11, 2010

EAT PRAY LOVE, the Movie

So I guess there was a book Eat Pray Love, and now its been made into a movie. Just watched the official trailer... It looks wonderful... truly. Fuck that movie.

I think what they touched on in the trailer symbolizes my whole life so far... except that I got the right guy instead of bouncing all around.

I have eaten....... fuck eating.

I have prayed... had faith... been centered in "God's" light and spiritually fulfilled. What a bunch of crap.

And love, well, I have loved more and more deeply than I'm sure most have the courage to, and I'm such a glutton for punishment that no matter how much I'm hurt, I always bounce back with a full and generous heart eventually. Ok, ok, the love part is fine. Love rules.

So as good as that movie looks. Really, Julia Roberts probably makes it incredible and believable, the whole thing is ultimately for shit. I will avoid seeing it because it appeals to the disappointed idealist in me that still wants to think that fairy tales are true. That's not me anymore. Now I'm writing my own story... living my own true story instead of trying to cram my real life into the mold of a ficticious existence as described in some holy book, self-help manual, or psych magazine.

If there's money involved, it is a lie. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule, but they are FEW and far between. That's why I love this community. There's no money here. No line. No sales. In fact, it's taboo, controversial, but here we are because it works. That's all. It's honest.

So Julia Roberts and company can keep their EAT PRAY LOVE. I've got Ana. Julia Roberts didn't get where she is today by eating and praying, I guarantee it.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, hell no she didn't. I watched the trailer. it was good. Of course fuck it because it's a fairy tale for sure. I fall in love to easy with every thing and that includes fairy tales. You think it can last and then it breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time, like clockwork.:)

    ReplyDelete