Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tara Firmer: Slim Calm Sexy and... I rant.

Tara Stiles, Tara Stiles, Tara Stiles!!!!

I heart her so much. Really. I do. I now have bought:

Elle Make Better Series: Elle Workout Yoga
It stars Brooklyn Decker, but the yoga workouts are led and taught by Tara Stiles.

Slim Calm Sexy
Tara's book, which I love so much because it is fabulous thinspo. The best! I like yoga, I do have better books for starting a yoga practice, but they don't even come close as any kind of thinspo. This is page after page of beautiful skinniness!!

Yoga Anywhere: The New York Sessions
I just bought this dvd and it is on it's way! I think it gets here Tuesday! XD XD


I still don't have any more info on diet from her, but in one blog quote she does say this:
"Yoga puts us back in touch with our bodies' needs and equips us with the tools we already have: the intuition and awareness to nourish our bodies properly with wholesome, healthy foods. Yoga doesn't show us how to starve ourselves. That is a terrible disorder, as terrible as overeating." - Tara Stiles
The previous paragraph was much longer, mainly talking about how bad it is to over eat and eat poorly. I like that she puts starving and overeating in the same category. THANK YOU! I hate that overeating tends to go ignored while extreme restriction gets all the gasps and sad glances. Sickness is sickness. Unhealthy is unhealthy, and there are a lot more unhealthy FAT bodies in this country than there are unhealthy skinny ones.

Am I obsessed with being skinny? YES! Do I get so upset with myself that I want to or actually do hurt myself sometimes? Yes. Do I use food or the lack of it as a weapon sometimes? Yes I do. I confess. HOWEVER... I would prefer to be healthy and skinny. Am I sick? Do I want to be ill? NO! I want to be thin to be sexy, to be beautiful, to be happy with myself, to reflect well on those who love me. I will get to thin however I can. I am ok with hurting myself to get there, but obviously I'd rather not. I'd rather get there in a way that helps me feel good, not sickly and pathetic. There is no win if you can't enjoy the win.

I guess my point is, yes, I have some issues. The things I do aren't the most healthy, but they also aren't the most sickly. If people have an issue with my ED's or how I cope with them, let a truly healthy person throw the first stone. Most often I see the crap being flung from overweight and even morbidly obese people, and I have no patience for it. They are so much worse than anything I'm doing or dealing with. I'm not in the real starvation danger zone. Not as long as there is muscle and fat on my body and I eat leafy fucking greens. They, on the other hand, ARE in the danger zone! They are in line for stroke, heart attack, diabetes, some cancers, and all kinds of awful stuff, just waiting for their number to be up! So there! :P

hehe Sorry, I get a little heated. Grrr... ;)

-= Comments =-

Gila - You're welcome for the other Tara Stiles post. :) I've been having fun working out to the online vids too. They really do get you sweating! I didn't expect it from yoga, but her kinda of yoga is pretty active and continuous. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment