Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Still Here With Bells On And A New Plan

Can't help coming here. I've kept journals since I was a little girl and this is my most active journal and pretty much my home since April. It's mine, and I see no reason not to continue working things out, thinking and talking on here.

Sam, it's nice to know that I've been helpful somehow. :) What I'm doing now is probably the hardest thing I've ever done. I have diet guidelines that are pretty much what I've always advocated but never done.

Kazehana, your comment about the fight with Jae (the hubby) was dead on. That is exactly what he was trying to do. Fighting is definitely shitty. I feel a bit farther away from him each time we fight and it takes time for me to get closer again. But he did not ask me to starve and he put me on the spot this time. "I never wanted you to starve. If you did it for me, does this mean you'll do something else if I ask you to? Can I give you a plan that I do want you to do?" And I said yes.


Elle & Jae's Continued Weight Loss Plan

No need to be hungry. Eat for performance. Food as fuel, not for fun.

Diet
  • 60% vegetables (as often as desired, no roots)
  • 30% meat (preferably fish and skinless chicken)
  • 10% fruit (specifically banana 30 min before cardio workouts)
  • No dairy for now, and no grains.
  • No preservatives.
  • No supplements.
Water
  • 2 glasses of water before each meal, paced if necessary
  • water with workouts
  • stay well hydrated
Workouts
  • An hour of Yoga (he recommended the one from P90x)
  • 20 minutes of intense cardio
  • 20 minutes of weight lifting to muscle failure
Sleep
  • 10 pm bed time
  • stay well rested for muscle regeneration and efficient calorie burn

That's it. Not terribly complicated, but it is a daily routine. No days off. We're going to try it for a month and see where we end up. Jae may even do it along with me. It's his way and I see some flaws in it. The yoga will have to have variation to continue to be effective, but for now I'll do the one he recommended. I have a few ideas about the diet too, but for once in my life I'm going to try very hard to keep my mouth shut, trust, and do what I'm told. Plus, the guidelines above can't really go wrong. It's all good stuff. We can optimize as we go.

I did try to start yesterday, though I was still a bit wobbly from my previous week of fasting. One thing I'm pretty happy about with this plan is that it is really low cal still, high nutrition, AND despite feeling like dinner last night was sooo much (it really wasn't but I felt like it was /sigh) I ran calories on it and I burned more calories during just my yoga workout than I took in at dinner. So I ended up going to sleep with a smile on my face.

I also woke up smiling. I hit the scale first thing and found I'd lost a pound since yesterday and was lighter than during my fast. Thank goodness! So that is making this easier too.

I'll probably average 1100-1500 calorie days.... god that looks scary to me. It's going to take some time to adjust to the thought. And workouts should burn around 700 - 900 cals per day. Also as I build muscle my resting calorie burn will go up too, which is good.

I guess I have to reevaluate what blogs to follow now and what not to. Kazehana, it's good to know you guys are trying to go healthy too. I'll keep reading yours and Piglet's. I've seen a few others that I passed up before. <3

My toddler is ordering breakfast and I have to hit up my yoga and then eat my own breakfast.

4 comments:

  1. If you're restricting your diet at all, I think it's wise to take a multivitamin. No dairy? Calcium is important. And there are lots of nutrients in whole grains that you'll be missing. Fruits, veggies, and lean proteins is CLEARLY healthy, just make sure you're getting everything you need.

    I've also heard the P90X yoga is really fantastic, so have fun with that :)

    I'm glad he's offering to do this with you. It's always better when you aren't alone (Not that you would be, you have us! But you know what I mean). Good luck hun, this is a good thing. You CAN do it!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on most of that. Though calcium can be found in spinach and other leafy dark greens. The way I figure, I can try it his way for a month though. I mean, I was planning on doing something a lot less healthy this month anyway, so it'll be ok.

    Thanks so much for your positive words and support! <3<3<3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good plan!!! good luck :)
    -anagirlella

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this a lot. i struggle so much with any plan which is why i tend to want to just stop eating - it's easier than being moderate. I suck at moderation. i'm very happy and excited for you. i like your plan!

    ReplyDelete