Friday, April 30, 2010

Thriving Pro-Ana, Not Just Surviving

An Explanation

I know I'm new to the wired Ana scene, but I'm not new to skinny, and I'm not new to diets. I'm a walking encyclopedia of diet, health, calorie, nutrition, and food information.

I know that we don't care as much about our health as we do about getting and staying thin. I'm right there with you. If I have to hurt myself now in order to reach happiness later, I'll do it. But after reading so many of your blogs, I realize I have something in my arsenal that most of you don't. A clean diet. I was losing weight on it by accident (sort of) already, just not fast enough for my liking.

What you MUST know to THRIVE not just survive Ana:

WHAT YOU EAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HOW MUCH YOU EAT.

Yes, it is about calories, calories, calories... but what comes in with them? Chemicals? Saturated Fats? (/puke) Or do they come with vitamins? Youth enhancing enzymes? Beautifying anti-oxidants?

Do you want to get skinny just to be ugly another way? Make-up ain't gonna hide how strung out and shitty you look. And yes, if you don't figure this out, you will always be ugly... skinny or not.

So I'm going to start posting about Ana Optimal. Maximizing your health while minimizing your size.

You all give me so much thinspo. This is the least I can do in return.

<3

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your posts about all this. I kinda lurk around the pro-ana blogs, but I haven't actually written about any of my ED experiences on my own blog yet. I agree that finding healthy (or healthier) ways of dieting is the way to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I like this. "Ana Optimal" I have not heard this. Please, continue with pro 'Ana Optimal" stuff. Make it a good part of the proana movement. Are you a part of any of the sites going around? (sorry I haven't had time to read your backlog of posts). Prettythin.com ; whyeat.net? Coz you should so start this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually threw together another blog for this since The Pirate Journal is supposed to be my personal experience dump blog. :) http://optimus-ana.blogspot.com/ There isn't much up there yet, but there will be. I have tons to share. I think it'll help a lot.

    To answer Ariadne, no, I don't participate in any of those sites, but I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you eat 300 calories a day, but it's a candy bar or potato chips, you're not really getting anywhere are you? This is a wonderful point, dear! I'm trying to go veggie, so keep up the info stream on this! I'd be very interested in it

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a saying...

    "Calories are like friends, if you're only gonna have a few, they better be good!"
    -Optimus Ana

    ReplyDelete