Monday, August 2, 2010

Back With Goji Berries...SWAN DIVE!

Finally back from the Friend-And-FamStravaganza in Vegas.

It went well. REALLY well. Vegas was fun. Tons of dancing, drinking, and sex. It's hard to come back to reality after all that. :)

There is some good news and bad news though.

The Bad News

I didn't lose any weight while I was out there. I ate... and it was amazing.

The Good News

I didn't GAIN weight while I was out there. I can't imagine how... because I ate... and it was amazing. I guess I didn't eat a lot. I kept to gourmet small portions.

The Teeny Bit of More Bad News
I drank juice there every day and am now a carboholic again. Need to work hard the next week or so to wean myself off all that sugar. Was going to fast yesterday and had the worst binge in a year. Chips and candy?? That is soooooo not me.
Feh. Meh. Bleh.


I missed you guys so much. I really wanted to read and post while I was there, but it was too risky. You know what I mean I'm sure. Considering all the people around, that would be the last thing I needed. So provided no one actually dug around in my stuff, Ana, my dearest personal trainer remains a secret.

So now, back and focused...

I chose to actually Zig today and eat rather than my usual habit of cleansing by fasting first. The thing is, I was not eating my normal raw and whole diet while I was away and need to renourish myself so I don't freak out and binge again. For dinner I had a mega binge buster meal.

Binge Buster Bowl
about half a cup of lightly sweetened granola (health food store stuff)
a half cup of dried goji berries
about 2 tablespoons of raw cacao (chocolate) nibs
a teaspoon of sunflower seeds
a handful of frozen blueberries
topped with oat milk


I won't lie. It is a heavy little bowl of food. I let it sit so the goji berries would soak and soften a bit.

Know Your Goji

Goji berries have immune strengthening ingredients not found in any other plant.
They have more vitamin C and anti-oxidants than any other food by a long shot.
Best of all...

They are an appetite suppressant!


Tomorrow I'll be back to a Zag day... or maybe fast. I really want to fast, but I think it's the wrong time of the month for that. I'm right in my PMDD to PMS zone and I have to try not to do anything too drastic during that time or my chemical balances go wacky and I get really manic... mega mood swings to severe depression. Right now I'm trying to balance it out with getting plenty of sleep and good raw nutrition. We'll see how I do. Thanks to the PMDD crap, I end up fighting two battles instead of just the one with my weight. Sux. :P

Anyway, I may Zag, but not starve. I think I might plan another week long water fast for after my period though... TMI OMG FREAKOUT. hehehe You know, we all have them, so sue me. Actually, I guess some of us don't get them regularly anymore... fuck... technicality. ;)

So that's it! Hugs all around! It's good to be back! <3xox<3

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had so much fun! And maintaining is def better than gaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. :) I feel like I need goji berries now? I mean, just because everyone else seems to be nomming them and I'm late catching on. Are they delicious? or an acquired taste? I've gotten into frozen acai/acerola smoothie packs for breakfast smoothies, but it seems I'm behind on the exotic fruit front.

    ReplyDelete